First finish of 2013…

…and it is neither a quilt nor a sewing room project, but a finish none-the-less. The yarn, I’m embarrassed to admit, was sitting in the sewing room, left from another abandoned project that never really got off the ground. So perhaps this is a sewing room project after all since the yarn is no longer taking up space there :).


I’m a reluctant crotcheter, but this blanket was made using the Granny Stripe instructions from Attic 24 – a great site if you crotchet! The edge is one I learned from a pattern called the “Lizard Ridge Afghan” – a round of single crotchet all the way around and then alternating a single crotchet, skip two, six double crotchets in the next stitch, skip two, etc. with nine double crotchets in the corners to turn. The yarn is Bernat Satin and 100% acrylic and nice and soft – unfortunately I have no idea what quantity I used because I just started crocheting stripes and kept going until I had used most of the yarn up. Here’s another view:


I think the only thing I would change is the edging – while I’m happy with the over all effect, the round of single crotchet in orange along the edge before the scallop looks a little odd to me (but not enough to rip it all out and have another go!). If I were to make another blanket like this one (a distinct possibility since I’m happy with the results), I would do the whole edge in a single colour.

This blanket will be on it’s way to Saskatchewan in the near future…

It’s cold out there!


This entry was posted in crotchet, finish, sewing room. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to First finish of 2013…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s